Monday, November 9, 2009

I blame facebook

So perhaps you have noticed my prolonged absence from my blog. Or perhaps you haven't. I'd be surprised if I have any loyal readers left after my shameless three week hiatus. Have I no sense of decency? Where is the pumpkin patch trip? Where is our front yard makeover? For the love, where is HALLOWEEN?! I am the most negligent poster ever.

In short, I blame facebook. I joined facebook earlier this fall and tried to stave off the mania that is facebook-status-updating-and-checking, but I completely gave in a few weeks ago. What if I missed something? What if a friend said something important and I was the only one who didn't know? What if a friend posted what she ate for lunch and I missed it?! So in the occassional empty 30 minutes that come my way, I would check facebook and guiltily avoid my blog.

But enough! I am back! Be gone, facebook! In the words of Jennifer Connelly to David Bowie, "You have no power over me!" As soon as I get my photos off my camera, I promise there will be many posts. I am just trying to take the first step toward recovery.

In the meantime, if any of you eat something really great for lunch, just post it in my comments. That will really ease my withdrawal symptoms.

4 comments:

Jeri Hazelton said...

Welcome to the club! You will seriously love having your time back!

Jolynn said...

My last month of blogging was also pathetic. I also blame it on Facebook and pure laziness.

Rachel said...

Haha! Love this, Gwyn. So, this past week I made a mean clam chowder and THE best spicy enchiladas with pumpkin sauce. Martha Stewart--check it out, it's easy and delish. Drizzle with lime for full effect. ;)

Alan said...

Facebook is most assuredly a violent blog killer. Welcome back!