Monday, January 31, 2011

starving artist

We went to a special reception at the mall this Saturday to celebrate our own resident starving artist, Eve (starving because we refused to buy ice cream for her at the mall. We already had a pie at home!)

The district picks a handful of pieces from each school to display at the mall for a week. We were very proud Eve's subtle Crayola/paintwash creation was chosen! She was incredibly pleased and it was fun to make a big deal out of her success.


Eve posing next to her tortured windswept winter landscape (lower left.) It is titled "Winter Landscape"

The reception consisted of some local entertainment - a few 2nd graders wearing wings dancing with ribbon wands - and a speech by the mayor of Medford. I whispered to Jared that I felt like we were on an episode of Parks and Rec. Jared whispered back that he felt like we were in Stars Hollow. That's Medford for you!

3 comments:

Taliatha said...

Way to go, Eve!

Jer said...

I wanna live in Stars Hollow!!

Good job, Eve!

Miranda said...

Hahahaha! I totally want to live in Stars Hollow.