Thursday, February 10, 2011

shameless valentine thievery

My great friend Aimee had the best Valentine's for her kids last year. In fact, they were so good that I remembered them all year and am shamelessly stealing the idea this year. (For the record, this idea is Aimee's. Not mine. I am not this creative. I am a fan of the drug-store, perforated tattoo variety of Valentine's. Which is what Eleanor opted for this year.) Hope you don't mind the thievery, Aimee!

Hmmm... I am now wondering if I should have asked her before putting this on my blog. If you are deeply wounded, Aimee, I will bring you chocolate and hopefully that will make you forget. :)

So this is the idea: you take a photo of your darling child -just like the one of Eve below - and then make a slit above and below the fist. Then slide in a lollipop. Voila! Eve is handing you a Valentine lollipop! Eve is going to print out a little Valentiney greeting with her classmates names on the computer that she will glue to the back, but we thought about having her hold a sign or something. Either way, I think it is a cute idea. And because I am stealing it, I thought the least I could do was pass the awesome idea along and not horde it for my very own.


In my defense, I did make the little hair thingie that Eve is wearing. All by myself! No stealing on this one. I tried to get a picture of Eleanor wearing it one day, but Sam was the much more enthusiastic model.




2 comments:

Whitmer Family said...

Chocolate, huh? Okay then, I'm deeply offended... :)

Just kidding...I stole the idea to, off the world wide web, man! they have good ideas!

Taliatha said...

This is a great idea! Don't you think valentine exchange has become such an anonymous affair? I don't think my kids pay much attention to whose name is on the card; they just eat the candy. But you can't ignore who it's from if the child's picture is ON the card.

Bravo!