This year I seemed to channel all my nesting instincts into elaborate classroom valentines, hairdos, and heart-shaped pancakes (um, instead of washing baby clothes and figuring out which closet to stick them all in.)
I promise I didn't pressure my kids into these hipster, Pinterest-ripped-off valentines. They just thought the "I mustache you a question" gag was too funny to pass up. Which it kind of is...just try saying it out loud! It's hilarious!
I promise I didn't pressure my kids into these hipster, Pinterest-ripped-off valentines. They just thought the "I mustache you a question" gag was too funny to pass up. Which it kind of is...just try saying it out loud! It's hilarious!
We found the fun printable on this site (thanks, free printables!) and ordered our mustache molds from ebay. Eve wanted to customize hers to say something else:
On the back she wrote "Will you be my Valentine?" I'm sure her fellow 4th graders will appreciate the witty play on words!
Ah, Pinterest...how would I celebrate the holidays without you? Eleanor loved her hair.
Eleanor, Eve, and friend K who catches the bus with us on Tuesday mornings so her mom can get to work. I love these sweet girls! (Eve looks miniature next to her friend - they are in the same class. I apologize to my children for their inevitable shortness.)
Jared thoughtfully surprised me with a box of sugar-free dark chocolate bars from Sees. It's hard to shop for a girl on Valentine's Day when she is 38 weeks pregnant and can't eat anything delicious!
As for baby news, there is none yet. He is not coming today, saving us the obligation of naming him Valentino. Phew! But my doctor said I am looking surprisingly small considering my past history and is optimistic that it will be a smooth delivery, and not a C-section. I have another growth ultrasound scheduled for Thursday, so we'll see how big they estimate this guy to be. Really, how big can a baby grow on a steady diet of eggs and salad and wistful donut longing?
1 comment:
that IS hilarious! i'm going to show it to calvin. he'll like it.
and we really have to keep in touch so calvin and eve can be friends in college. then they'll at least have each other to commiserate with over their shortness. :)
Post a Comment