But I am sorry to say that I am not here to post long overdue James pictures. I am here to turn some of the spotlight on to another kiddo who had a birthday just four short days after James was born. I must confess, I was worried about this. I fretted the whole pregnancy that these two would have to share a special day (when I wasn't fretting about James being born on Leap Day.) Luckily we dodged that bullet by a narrow margin, but I really wanted Eleanor's birthday to be special this year and not to be too overshadowed by Jamie's arrival.
Eleanor has grown up a lot in the last year. While she still suffers a little from almost-perfect-but-not-quite syndrome, she has handled the arrival of her new brother with only excitement and pure adoration. So we tried superhard to make her birthday special - we put up streamers, made a special breakfast, blew up balloons...all the bells and whistles.
Since Jared was already going to be home, he decided to surprise her by showing up at her cafeteria for lunch...with a Happy Meal. And since I was in no shape to bake a cake, we let her pick whatever kind of store bought cake her heart desired... a Dairy Queen ice cream cake, as it turns out. That, plus the requested mac and cheese with hot dogs for dinner, made for a complete evening. She loved her gifts, felt showered with attention, and went to bed a happy girl. And Jared and I breathed a huge sigh of relief.
She had her gymnastics class on her birthday. I know this is just a fanny shot, but I had to put in how much she loves it. Those are her new birthday spanky shorts!
Opening her gift from Eve. Do you love how it is wrapped in Costco toilet paper packaging?
With her hand-picked DQ cake. They even dotted the "i" in "Birthday" with a heart. I like those guys.
Eleanor, you are one sweet girl. Always so responsible, you seem so grown up for seven. You take such good care of Sam - I heard you helping him get undressed for his bath last night while I was nursing James - and I know you will do the same for your newest little brother. They are lucky to have you for a little mommy and Eve is lucky to have you for a friend. Thank you for always being our little ray of sunshine - your middle name was aptly chosen because you bring our family so much joy each and every day.
Love you, sweet Eleanor Joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment