It has been such a fantastic first month. Being forced to take it easy was really, really good for me. I am not usually very good at slowing down and letting things go, but major abdominal surgery sure does the trick! I will always treasure the memories of this first happy month. Yes, there was crying and lost sleep (for both me and James) but because I wasn't trying to do a hundred other things, I could cope. I love that me and Jared could bust up laughing at 4 am when James would fuss only when Jared climbed back in bed but would stop the minute his feet hit the floor (repeat 5 times!) And that I could laugh when I baked a freezer meal from a friend that turned out to be an ice cream dessert. And that I didn't mind spending my evenings just holding and talking to my sweet baby, even as the laundry piled up around me.
And I will freely admit that this first month was so happy because Jared is so awesome - bringing me hungry Jamie in the middle of the night, getting up the girls and sending them off to school while I slept, always coming home cheerful no matter what. I would have been a wreck without him. Love you, Jared!
And you too, little Jamesie. Here's to another happy month!
2 comments:
He is soo cute! I had fun photographing Linc with the magnadoodle each month...just wait till the end of his first year though, he won't sit still!!!!
I'm SOOO happy to read about your happy first month! What a wonderful way to start off life! You and Jared are such Wonderful parents! What a great team :) I love to read about your laughing in the middle of misery(4am no sleep) good luck as life carries on. Love you. T.
Post a Comment