Yesterday was our anniversary and I just wanted to give a shoutout to my super husband. Happy anniversary, sweetie! Thanks for sticking with me for 8 years and somehow managing to love me more now than you did then, even though you have definitely seen me at my worst. You are still a handsome devil!
And thanks for the super fun weekend. I know you really must love me if you were willing to plan my ideal stay-at-home date: a movie and Taco Bell and chocolate! All my guilty pleasures at once. :) And I had a ton of fun on our day time date yesterday. I guess you can tell we've been married for a while and must have several kids if going to nurseries to look for shrubs with our three month old in tow seems like a second honeymoon! :)
And an evening like last night - well, you know it's going to be a fun night when two out of three kids are crying. And the third? She's throwing up! For a moment there, I found myself thinking wistfully about that wonderful day eight years ago, surrounded by loving friends and family, dressed like a princess, feeling radiant and glowing and happier than I've ever felt in my life. And then I paused and realized that, even though I don't look like a princess (well, unless you know any princesses who like to wear spit-uppy T-shirts), you still make me feel like one. And, and that moment, I couldn't think of anyone else I'd rather wrestle fussy, sick kids with. You are simply wonderful. Here's to another terrific year. I love you!
8 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I think princesses should wear shirts with spit up in them- they're totally missing out if they haven't!
HAPPY ANIVERSARY!!! I love that picture!!
Awww, what a sweet post Gwyn!! Happy anniversary!!!
Je t'adore, ma chérie
oh, i love this post! and the cute picture of you two young-uns. :) we celebrated our 8th in august! congrats to you!
I actually thought of you on your anniversary. It's an easy date to remember--absolutely no regard for superstition.
Two of my favorite people! Happy Anniversary!! Oh how times change and you continue to love through it all! You guys are wonderful and deserve each other! Just a perfect fit in more ways than one!
Happy Anniversary! It must be true love if you can be totally satisfied shopping for shrubs with kids for a date. Way to go! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment