Tuesday, October 7, 2008

we have other kids too!

The "new" hasn't quite worn off Sam yet and he is much discussed, admired, cuddled, etc. around here. The girls are still so very smitten with him and it shows no signs of slowing. So here are a few things that the big girls have been up to - (they're pretty cute, too.)

The girls helping me make soup. I love how dressups are worn for cooking. With aprons to protect them, of course.


Eve proudly displaying her "Student of the Month" certificate. She was nominated for showing the quality of "Responsibility" during September. Always nice to know they behave at school, if not always at home! She was tickled and we are super proud of her.


Eleanor being a super big sister. Now that Eve is gone all day, Eleanor loves being my big helper and always fetches diapers, blankets, toys for her brother. (She is wearing her Halloween costume here. For some reason, Eleanor always seems to be in costume.)

Eve lost her first tooth last night! Here she is proudly displaying her gap. The neighboring tooth is also very loose and the adult teeth behind are almost fully grown in giving her what her dentist calls "the ugly duckling look." She was so excited and didn't stop talking about it all night long.

Here's the teeny tooth, right before it took it's place under her pillow.

Eleanor actually fell asleep during her nap the other day! I had to take a picture to commemorate the event. She has been a bit of a crab during her waking hours lately - put away the evil twin, Nora! - so it was good for me to see how angelic she is when she sleeps.

And because no post is complete without him - Sam, in a rare moment of unhappiness. Great cardie, though! (Thanks, Faith - Sam and E. can be long distance twinners.)

7 comments:

Corinne said...

wow!! a lost toother :)

Jenni said...

I love that you have them help you in the kitchen! I really need to do more of that. And that pic of sleeping Nora is so cute - I took a picture of my Ben taking a nap a few months ago for that very reason!:)

Taliatha said...

Wow! Good for Eve, getting the student of the month award! I'll bet she's really proud of herself.

Unknown said...

You have beautiful girls!!! I can't believe how fast they are growing up. Eve--Congrats on your lost tooth and your reward!!! And Nora looks like she is having a blast being a big helper.

Trisha said...

Gwyn,
I can't get over how big your girls are getting. I found your blog through Cami's and I am so excited to see how things are going for you guys. Little Eve who I remember from the village isn't so little anymore. Oh my gosh, she is so big!

Deb said...

oh, i LOVE those rare naps. i'm glad you got evidence of it. i'm always too afraid the camera might wake jared up on the rare afternoons he sleeps. :)

i love all the dress-ups. so cute.

Sharlene said...

Hello there. I was actually thinking about you this last week because a neighbor of mine from Germantown, MD moved to the Laurel area. I am not sure if they are in your ward or not. Their last name is Schrader. I just happened to stumble upon your blog from a past University Village friend. We have a blog, but it is private. If you are interested in taking a peek, my e-mail address is jasonandshar@gmail.com
Looks like you are doing really well. Your children are beautiful. Take Care. Enjoy the fall!