Sorry for the long absence, readers of the blog! With Christmas, a trip to visit family, a sick baby, and a new Church calling with a steep learning curve, I haven't spent much quality time with my computer lately.
But better late than never! A few pictures of our Christmas:
Eve, opening the much-hoped-for box of Legos.
Eve showing an appreciative Eleanor the coloring book she made for her.
Sam, working hard on opening his first present.
It was a sippy cup! He loved it!
We spent the afternoon sledding with friends on Mt. Ashland but between the bitter cold and each of us having an armful of kids, the camera never made it out of my pocket. The kids had a good time, but after a few really cold, snowy runs, we were ready to head home and eat more stocking candy. We later returned to our friend's house for dinner and more goodies, before coming home, putting the kids to bed, and watching It's a Wonderful Life, my favorite way to finish off a lovely Christmas. I didn't put Christmas away until we returned home from our trip (more about that later) and I was kind of reluctant to see it all get packed away this year. Some years, I am ready for a fresh start, a new year, and all that. But this year I had such a lovely Christmas with my family and we so enjoyed our trip to see Jared's family, it was kind of hard to get back into our usual groove. The kids didn't make it any easier on me by standing at the door saying, "Goodbye, Mr. Christmas Tree! We love you! Thank you so much! See you next year!" as I dragged our loyal tree out the door to be tossed. Or, rather, dismembered by Jared and put into our yardwaste bin. Yikes!
So, bring it on, January! I'm ready for you now. Well, at least I will be as soon as I'm done eating the remains of the stocking candy...
6 comments:
I'm glad to see you back! I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas, and a visit to family, the best of both worlds! I can't wait to hear about the trip AND the new calling!
At least you put away your tree. Mine's still up. Not because of sentimentality but because of laziness. At least it's fake so it's not a fire hazard.
Glad you had a good trip and a great Christmas.
What's the new calling? I'm sure whatever it is, you'll be FABULOUS at it! No doubt in my little mind.
i hope the girls didn't see him hacking limbs after they named the tree and all. :)
I just got around to posting today after taking a long break. So it made me feel a lot better to see that you were just getting Christmas posted too! I don't have the excuse of a new baby though!! What is your new calling?
Yes, how IS that Church calling going? A post someday, please. I am still in great awe of you, but you will be a fantastic YW Pres!
Post a Comment