We had a blah morning around here. I felt like I was running in circles, but getting nothing accomplished. So in an effort to shake off the ennui, I took Eleanor to Old Navy to buy her long-desired flip flops.
It only took a few moments of deliberating - silver or pink sea horses? - before she chose a pair and was clutching them happily to her chest. Minutes later, however, a helpful shopper told me that all the flip flops would be on sale tomorrow for $1. Have you met me?! Oh, the things I will do to save $1.50! (Well, actually $3 since I was buying some for Eve... maybe more since I wanted a pair, too...come on, validate me! I'm not a terrible person!) So I left the store a few minutes later with a tearful Eleanor and a firm resolve to get there at 8:55 tomorrow morning so I can be first in line.
So Old Navy Gods, if you can hear me, please make sure that there is one pair of silver flip flops in a size 8/9 tomorrow morning. I can't bear to break Eleanor's heart twice! Also, on a side note, could you please do something about those mannequin ads? I'm sure you think they are zany and adorable, but really they are lame and not funny at all. And kind of creepy. Thanks! xoxo, Gwyn.
3 comments:
that is too funny, I probably would have done that as well. I hope they still had the ones she wanted, it was totally worth the 6$ you saved, even just for the rush that you got from getting the deal!
and AMEN on the ads, TOTALLY LAME and kinda creepy?! I'd take the weird lady with the big glasses and the dog any day.
So true! I would take that lady any day. I don't really get how that one mannequin has morning sickness... And thanks for validating me, Ali! I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves a deal.
Did you end up getting the flip flops? I hope so.
I think we can all say that we would have done the same thing.
Totally agree with you on the dummy ads. Seriously. Are they hurting that bad that they can't have real people? They are creepy, I agree. Miss you!
Post a Comment