
I do! And Paula Deen really does. Which is why you really need to try this cobbler recipe. It was fast, easy, uses ingredients you are sure to have on hand, and is delicious.
We had company for dinner last night and a bounty of ripe peaches (we do live in Medford, after all), so it seemed like an obvious solution. It was fantastic! In fact, we're having more company tonight just so I can make it again! (Just kidding, Tricia - you know I love you! And peach cobbler.)
This recipe had 694 reviews when I found it yesterday, which in and of itself is an impressive fact. Today: 702. Need I say more?
Paula's Peach Cobbler
Ingredients
4 cups peeled, sliced peaches
2 cups sugar, divided
1/2 cup water
8 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour (or you can make your own - I found a recipe online and it worked great!)
1 1/2 cups milk
Ground cinnamon, optional
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Put the butter in a 3-quart baking dish and place in oven to melt.
Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk slowly to prevent clumping. Pour mixture over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. Sprinkle top with ground cinnamon, if using. Batter will rise to top during baking. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
To serve, scoop onto a plate and serve with your choice of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
2 comments:
Thanks for the great recipe! Peach cobbler is my hubby's favorite! You really should start a recipe blog Gwyn!
My all time fav! I haven't found a recipe though for fresh peach cobbler, just one for canned peaches, so I always try to wing it, and it never turns out right. Thanks for the recipe, I'm trying it tonight, because of course, living in Medford, I have a basket full of peaches I picked up at H&D hoping to make a cobbler out of...now I have the perfect recipe! (and ya can't go wrong with Paula Deen!) byw- how did the bread sticks turn out?
Post a Comment