Wednesday, October 7, 2009

letter to an occupant


Dear Swine Flu,

I'd like to thank you for your recent extended visit in our home. You have made for an exciting house guest and it has been very interesting getting to know you and all your delightful quirks.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I was wondering if you could finish out the rest of this week somewhere else. I would just like to have back the corner of the couch that Eleanor has been occupying for the past 48 hours. I would also like to see Eleanor in a semi-conscious and vaguely lucid state. I'm also worried about the effect you may have on other members of our household. Your enthusiasm is...infectious.

xoxo,

Gwyn

PS. Is vomitting in your symptom repertoire? You are so full of surprises!

PPS. You suck.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh no!! My kids had it too - their doctor is 99% sure that that's what they had anyway. And 2 of my kids threw-up with it. Nasty nasty flu. I hope Eleanor gets feeling better. It took my kids about a week and a half to get over it. I agree, Swine Flu you suck!

Andrea Holley said...

Oh no! I'm sorry. I hope she gets better soon and the rest of you can stay healthy!

Lynette said...

That totally sucks!!! It really is a nasty flu, isn't it? I'm so sorry Eleanor hasn't been feeling well...get better soon!

Deb said...

so sorry. flu AND vomiting? what a nice combination.