Thursday, September 17, 2009

seoul food


I know this announcement is only exciting to me, but we finally have a Korean restaurant in Medford! It's the only one between California and Eugene, OR which covers quite a large and kimchi-less expanse of territory. So hooray for me! Hooray hooray!

That said, I'm a little worried about the fate of Seoul Garden. Number one, its location puts it at a slight disadvantage. Unless you think the Food-4-Less parking lot is a very chic place for a new eatery (um...it's not.) Also, it's in the Ramada Inn. Number two, the sign actually reads "Seoul Garden: Korean * Texas * BBQ * Sandwiches." Well, good thing I love Korean Texas BBQ Sandwiches! Mmmm-mmmm, my favorite!

The blurb in the paper said it is owned by a Texan man and his Korean wife, so they were trying to bring both cultures to the table (hopefully, not in the same dish.) It said that it serves a number of standard, homestyle Korean dishes. So we'll see! As long as I never see the bottom of that kimchi bowl, I'll be in good shape.

I have complained for a good 18 months about the lack of Korean restaurants or markets in this town, so I won't be too critical now. I'll report back after I've had the chance to give it a try!

6 comments:

Faith said...

Yay! I'm very happy for you. You'll have to post a review once you go.

Andrea Holley said...

I LOVE Korean food! I found a great Korean restaurant in Boston but haven't seen one in Orlando yet.

Jenni said...

I'm so happy for you and hope it sticks around even if its sign is a little mixed-messagey!:)

Deb said...

if you do try the korean texan bbq, we'll know just how brave you are. although eating kimchi is pretty brave in and of itself. :)

KTK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KTK said...

I work with a Korean gentleman who says it is hard for Americans to understand him because of what he calls his "thick Texas accent." Maybe there is something to that...

(KTK is Kathryn Krause, btw, so you don't think I'm a random stranger.)