They're off! Eleanor had her first day of preschool yesterday and I just got back from sending Eve off to a big day at second grade (actually, a second/third split class. I'm kind of excited about this, kind of nervous. Anyone done this before and have any words of advice for me?)
So far, everyone has been all smiles.
Nora loved her preschool yesterday and already made a new friend. And though Eve was too nervous to eat more than two bites of her breakfast, she did great once she got to her classroom. Something about seeing your name on a desk just can't be beat! Her newly constructed school is so shiny and beautiful. I wanted to stay, it looked like so much fun. I love that delicious smell of newly sharpened pencils and fresh crayola crayons. Can't wait to hear her report when she gets home!
So far, everyone has been all smiles.
Nora loved her preschool yesterday and already made a new friend. And though Eve was too nervous to eat more than two bites of her breakfast, she did great once she got to her classroom. Something about seeing your name on a desk just can't be beat! Her newly constructed school is so shiny and beautiful. I wanted to stay, it looked like so much fun. I love that delicious smell of newly sharpened pencils and fresh crayola crayons. Can't wait to hear her report when she gets home!


Waiting at the bus stop. Eleanor had to come, too, of course.
4 comments:
I was in a combination class as a kid and it was the best experience of my life. I was in second grade like Eve is but mine was a first/second split. She will get to have friends in more grades and it can help her be more outgoing. I hope it all works out. -Kelsie Ferguson
Rob was in a 5th/6th split; he was a 5th grader. For this reason, among others, he thinks he is too cool and SUPER smart. Obnoxious!! :)
That's great, Tai! I'm sure Rob has many reasons to think he is too cool and super smart.
To set the record straight, I was in 3/4, 4/5 and 5/6 split--and Gwynn's right, it is only one of many variables contributing to my overall awesomeness. They put a lot of us from my grade in the split because enrollment in my grade was particularly high that year. It was good for me academically and I imagine Eve will have no trouble with it. Socially, I wonder if being with my own age group would have been better. I remember really enjoying 6th grade when I could be friends with boys my own age. I wasn't intimidated by them and felt more socially integrated than I had in the previous years. Food for thought.
Post a Comment