Thursday, February 25, 2010

and then a not-so-good weekend

Not all weekends can be spontaneous family trips to holiday paradises like Eugene, Oregon. Some weekends you get the stomach flu. And sometimes it happens the very next weekend.

I started feeling off at the church Potato Derby on Friday night. What? Did I say something funny? Do I hear the sounds of you mocking the Potato Derby? You will never mock again after you have built a car out of a potato and raced it on the pinewood derby track! And then won a prize for how awesome your car is.

But awesome car and prize aside, I was not feeling too great. And the smell of canned chili and bacon that hit me once I walked through the doors of the church almost convinced me that we should go back home. But if you have met me and know how much I like to win things (did I mention our car won a major award?), we stuck around. And then barely made it home in time. Blech.

So I spent the weekend watching the Olympics, hallucinating about the Olympics, and throwing up.

The weather was gorgeous on Saturday so Jared removed the children from my toxic presence and went to the park. And here are some pics of their fun outing. (I didn't get any pics of my fun outings. Get it? Outings? Ha!)


I love this handsome guy. And his huge, huge head.



This slide is crazy steep. Only Eleanor could get this kind of smile out while going down it. Anything for a camera!

That's more like it.






I promise we don't avoid taking pictures of Eve. She just is always too busy to stop for a camera. This is the best picture of her from the park - her bum, building a sand castle.

See what I mean? This does capture the true essence of Eve, I must admit.

And then Eve's best friend B. showing us his homemade tomahawk. I missed a lot of fun this weekend!



2 comments:

Faith said...

So sorry you were sick. I hate stomach bugs with a passion. The kids are getting so big! Hope you're feeling better.

the design boss said...

I hate being sick!! I am so sorry!! Did you by chance get a pic of your potatoe?? Well done winning the prize!!