We have arrived! We got here a few days ago, having survived 20 hours in the car with the kids. Not as bad as expected, I have to admit. In fact, the kids were doing so great that first day that we decided to push on through lovely Wendover, NV where we had intended to stay the night, Instead, we made it to the edges of Salt Lake where we spent a quick night at Motel 6 before hitting the road the next day. And I'm glad we did - Day 2 is not as good as Day 1, as it turns out. A few things about our trip:
- They should really make caffeinated peanut butter M&Ms. It would really save me some trouble. And potty breaks.
- Kids who are accustomed to traveling without portable DVD players are not abjectly grateful and well-behaved when presented with one, as one might think. They are actually not super impressed and spend a lot of the time poking each other. Anyone want to buy a new, once-used portable DVD player?
- Some cities are allowed to have their initials on mountains. Like Elko and Winnemucca. But not Battle Mountain, NV.

After a weary two days, we were greated with clean sheets, dinner in the oven, and fresh flowers next to the bed. *sigh* Such bliss!
And before I forget, Happy Father's Day, Dad! Eleanor wanted to send you a Costco pizza, so maybe you will take a raincheck? :) Love you!
2 comments:
I'm so glad you made it safe and sound! And flowers by your bedside? Sounds dreamy! We miss you guys, maybe if I cut fresh flowers and put them by your bedside you'll come back early?
Have fun! See you guys when you get back.
Post a Comment