Thursday, June 3, 2010

friends and relations

My brother and his family drove all the way from Utah to our little corner of Oregon last weekend to visit us over the holiday. How nice is that? I always feel like we live in the middle of nowhere, meaning we are not really on the way to anywhere, so it meant a lot that they would drive 13 hours just for the pleasure of visiting us. Thanks, guys!

We had a great time while they were here and they tolerated my three-ring circus very nicely. Their little boy, E., is a sweetie. It was so much fun to see how he has grown and changed so much since I last saw him a year ago. He is sweet-tempered and playful and outgoing and so much fun (and behaved very well, contrary to what his parents may have thought.)

It was kind of a short visit, but we tried to do a few fun things: eating out frequently, visiting Ashland, hiking, going to parks, staying up late talking and watching movies. Sadly, we were a little short on pictures (I will be punishing Jared later for taking 83 pictures of wildflowers and 0 pictures of all the cousins together...just kidding, I love you, honey!) so you can check out my sister-in-law's very cool blog if you want to see more of our exploits.

Thanks for coming, guys! We had a great time and have a lot of happy memories. We will be crashing your place in a few short weeks!



Our little family hiking Table Rock, picture courtesy of my sister-in-law.

My very adorable nephew. I love his little cheeks.


2 comments:

Chalen said...

I am glad to hear that other people's husbands forget to take pictures of the people too. I gave Nate a hard time because we had 200 scenery/wildlife pictures and only two with people in them. Silly boys!

Faith said...

What a funny picture of E! And I wish I had checked the exposure on the camera before I took that shot of you guys--sorry!

It was so much fun visiting you. Thanks for being such great hosts. Can't wait to see you soon.