Jared was gone last week and through the weekend on a mantrip with his dad and brothers-in-law. So we had our usual Ladies and Babies party time while he was gone (name courtesy of Eve.) We had a pretty packed social calendar which I prefer to languishing at home and going stir crazy. Unfortunately, it was pouring rain and 48 degrees for all of my awesome outings. So much for planning!
We had Train Day at Eleanor's preschool, which meant a visit to the local train park. In the freezing rain.


Eleanor and friend A. munching popcorn and drinking hot chocolate.

We saw a lot of this little slicker that weekend.

Sam and buddy J.
That evening, we had our friend's daughter's birthday party. The main event? A picnic dinner and pony rides. Yes, in the rain. (Though it did manage to stop long enough to get in some good rides and the kids had a blast.)

Don't be fooled by the sunshine! I promise you, Eleanor cannot feel her hands in this picture!

Sam and buddy G. And yellow slicker. Sam was not so much into the ponies, but thought the farmer should instead offer rides on his tractor. He spent a lot of time patting it lovingly.

Eve on pony. I did not get a killer picture of Eve because she spent most of her time keeping track of Sammy for me. She is one great big sister.
The next day, I decided to be brave and take all the kids to the local Touch a Truck event all on my own. It was pretty awesome and Sam is still talking about it. But it was also in the freezing rain.


That's Eleanor high up on a utility crane truck. They were letting kids operate the crane!

The helicopter landed just a few yards in front of us. Sam just about peed his pants with excitement. Come to think of it, he probably did!

Holding the fire hose.
It wasn't until after the kids were in bed on Friday night that I finally had a chance to peel off my wet socks and damp clothes. My feet were like ice! I had to bundle up in jammies and my fleece robe and it was still an hour before I felt warm.
Still a fun weekend though. I'm starting to understand why the U of O mascots are the Ducks.
3 comments:
This week's Jared's blog is called "Thanks Gwyn!"
Love, love keeping up with your family "doings" this way. It looks like you are always having fun!
Peek in to see what we are up to:
http://muchtraveled.blogspot.com/
Myrna is just pretending to follow your blog so she can flog her own! I never do that at ken-jennings.com/blog .
Post a Comment