But the pictures are locked on the computer while Jared installs the new hard drive, gets Windows up and running, etc.
But if the computer is all tied up, how am I blogging, you might ask? I just so happen to have the most wonderful husband who spoiled me on my birthday with this little beauty:
Isn't she gorgeous? I feel like I'm the last person on the planet to finally join this millenium by breaking free from the bonds of the PC. (No offense, Jared - I am sure your computer is super awesome.) I can be wherever I want! You don't even know where I am typing this from - the couch, the yard, a little Parisian cafe - the possibilities are endless!
I love that the kids don't feel neglected because I am trapped in the corner of the family room doing church emails or typing up agendas or - most importantly - surfing the web. I can sit right next to them while they play playdough or run around the yard. If Sam wanted to play out in the front yard, I used to sigh and close whatever I was doing but now I can just pick up and go with him. And I love that it is all mine. My user settings, my favorites, my music, my adorable little tippy-tappy keyboard.
Pretty much, I am in love. We are usually much too practical (and budget-bound) to do big gifts like this, so I was really touched that Jared would do this for me. Thanks for making me the happiest girl, babe!
Next year, I'm pretty sure I'm getting a stick of gum for my birthday.
2 comments:
LOVE my laptop, couldn't live without it. But I gotta say, should have gotten an Apple!! Enjoy your new love :-)
Good for you (and good job Jared)!
Post a Comment