Tuesday, August 31, 2010

making memories, martha-style

It is the last week of summer vacation around here. And I am feeling a wee bit sad about this. I feel like this summer has been so action-packed - which has been very fun, don't get me wrong - that I haven't had time to do all the idyllic summertime activities with my kids that I had planned on. Making cupcakes just for fun, weaving dandelion garlands, catching ladybugs, and all the things that Martha Stewart tells me make for perfect summer memories.

One thing we did manage to do was finally go camping last weekend, just our little family. We drove a few hours to the coast - Brookings, OR - and camped at the lovely Harris Beach State Park. We even managed to go home through the California redwoods and enjoyed a beautiful hike.

It was absolutely perfect. Maybe even Martha would approve.








2 comments:

Alison Ward said...

Ahh camping, so jealous! Looks like you guys had a great time. It's way too hot here during the summer to camp, I really miss the cool mountains! Enjoy those last few days of summer, then it's back to the grind!

Deb said...

that is one awesome set of tree roots.