Tuesday, February 26, 2013

james turns one!


Happy birthday, little James!  We just could not celebrate you enough on Sunday - you are so, so loved by all of us.  Your birthday was such a perfect day- from the unexpected February sunshine to watching you explore all your new toys to taking your very fist steps, it was perfect in every way.  I will be happily reliving it in my heart for quite some time.


We had the usual birthday banner, courtesy of the kids. And I made a cheesy garland that I will now never be able to part with, it is too cute.


James took his presents very seriously



 I just love the look on his face here. Present time made him a little pensive, apparently.

His favorite gift was his very own box of kleenex.  He removed all 90 sheets from the box that evening!


So excited!  This picture does not quite convey the magnitude of tense anticipation and excitement that was   pouring out of James.  Every muscle poised and ready - like a cougar preparing for the attack!




Needless to say, James enjoyed his cake very much.

What a perfect day! One of the highlights was when I was turned around from doing dishes at the sink to see James saunter casually into the kitchen.  On his legs!  Walking!  He totally got that his birthday was kind of a big deal.  

Happy birthday, sweet boy! Thanks for making every day a joy for all of us - you are one adored little brother.  Love you!

2 comments:

Faith said...

Sounds awesome and that garland is too cute! I am a slacker auntie and am sending his gift late; it should arrive (with Nora's) sometime tomorrow.

Catie said...

He looks so much like Sammy!