Friday, February 1, 2013

the winter of my discontent

Bleh. Bleh, bleh, bleh.  I have a serious case of the winter time blehs.  Maybe it's just an Oregon thing. Or do you have it too?  It is just so darn dreary around here!  I can only take so much fog and dankness.  Eve skipped happily home from piano lessons the other day and burst in the door saying, "I love how green the sidewalks are here!"  Yes, because they are covered in moss, Pollyanna.  That is not normal.

So what solves this winter time ennui?  Sunshine, you say?  No!  Wrong answer!  The correct answer is chocolate.  Chocolate solves pretty much everything.  So you should make Fudgy Brownie Cake.  It is quick to prepare and you can eat it soon after baking, something that is very important to me.  None of this "cooling" and "frosting" business.  It is delicious and is everything its name promises it will be.


I know it doesn't look fancy, but it is made in a springform pan, which might up the fanciness a little bit.  So go stick it in the oven now so you can settle down with a lovely piece of chocolate perfection after the kids are in bed.  And wait for spring.