One of the things I really like about our new place is that, with the exception of the bedrooms and the living room, the floor is all wood laminate. We had wall-to-wall carpet in our townhouse in Maryland and it was impossible to keep clean. Many of you may remember my lovely carpeted dining room. And in a rental, no less! What were they thinking?

I do a lot more sweeping now, but it's so nice to be able to sweep and mop up the dinner disasters instead of watching it all get ground into the carpet.
My question: what's the best way to clean laminate? Swiffering? Regular old mopping? Most things I've tried have left it streaky. How do you clean your floors?
6 comments:
I like to use Bona cleaning spray on our wood floors - it makes them very shiny for like 2 minutes until the kids walk on them again. I found it at Home Depot the first time around and it came with a cool micro fiber mop, but I can find the bottle of cleaner at Safeway or Target too. Your dining area is very cheery!
I like the swiffer wet jet with the hardwood cleaner. Works great on Mom and Dad's floors.
I'm not the person to ask about clean floors because I have NO IDEA about that whatsoever. Sorry. But I do have something to say:
MORE PICTURES of the house, please!!! :) LOVE the dining room! I wish I had your knack for decorating.
I don't know anything about cleaning floors...but I love your new house...so pretty!!!
I like the yellow paint a lot. It looks cute.
My advice for cleaning hard floors:
Expensive way--https://www.euronetusa.com/product/main2.htm
Cheap way--buy a good quality microfiber cloth, get it wet, wring it out really really good and stick it on the end of a swiffer mop.
good microfiber supposedly leaves less germs than cleaning with soap, so all you have to do is keep rinsing it out in the sink as you need to. good for the environment and a lot cheaper than swiffer!
Post a Comment