Jared took the girls out to run errands on Saturday and spent two hours out with them. I have never been in my house all by myself and it was very liberating. Even if I did spend the majority of the time out in the backyard hacking at the blackberry brambles that are taking over. At least it was peaceful and quiet!
After they came home, the girls bounded into the living room with the biggest, pinkest, purplest bouquet they could find at Costco. They had the biggest grins on their faces and were so excited to give me the flowers - it was so sweet.
As if two hours to myself on Saturday wasn't enough of a treat, I got to stay in bed on Sunday morning and read while Jared and the girls made pancakes (we love this Alton Brown mix!) There were beautiful cards, a necklace Eve had made for me at school, and a box of Sees truffles (which I have already hidden from the girls and plan on nursing for a while.)
Eleanor's card came with some facts about me. According to her card:
- I am 1 years old
- My favorite food is grapes
- My favorite move is Care Bears
- My favorite treat is ice cream (not bad, that one!)
- My favorite thing to do is play computer (perhaps I spend too much time blogging?)
Church was lovely - the talks were sweet, I cried when the Primary sang, and - best of all - the Bishop taught Young Womens. Me and the other kindergarten moms were all proudly wearing our ceramic heart necklaces in Relief Society. Jared grilled burgers and hotdogs for dinner (grilled burgers is one of my favorite dinners) and we played in the backyard till bedtime. A lovely day!
Another great thing about my weekend was that my mom was kind enough to find a quiet corner of Costco (where she was when I called her) and talk to me for nearly an hour on Saturday. We hadn't talked in a couple of weeks and it was so nice to chat for so long. I love you, Mom! We can't wait to see you in a few weeks.Thanks, Jared and sweet girls, for a lovely weekend. Girls, I am so happy to be your mommy!

3 comments:
What a great mother's day weekend!! I love that picture of the girls...they look like little angels with the sun lighting their hair so pretty! And I love that you wore your ceramic necklace...you're a sweet mommy!
Happy Mother's Weekend Gwyn! I'd actually prefer that you not post things like this...Jared is making the rest of the guys look bad!!!
What an absolutely gorgeous picture of your kids!
-Alan
Not sure who took it, but great picture!
Post a Comment