Wednesday, August 6, 2008

blogging one handed

This is very hard to do, especially on those darn ergonomic keyboards. I forgot I would need to brush up on my one-hand typing skills! Just wanted to let everone know that all is well - short on blogging time, but doing great. If all babies were as easy and sweet as Sam, I would have ten more. But then we come to the part where if all babies are as big as Sam and then I have to put a little more thought into it...
A few events:
  • I made my official debut at church two Sundays ago. Why did I go back so early? I want to explain to everyone that I'm not really back, I just needed some fresh air. Don't ask me to do anything.
  • Eve has her first loose tooth. We discovered it two days after I had a heart attack hearing this: "Mom, are you supposed to grow new teeth behind your other teeth?" ?!?! She does indeed have a tooth coming in behind her lower front teeth, but I was vastly relieved to find out one of them is loose. We'll see what the dentist says.
  • Eve turned 6 last week. This deserves it's own post, but for now I will say that we tried hard to make it a superfun birthday so she wouldn't feel overshadowed by other recent events. It was a day all about her! I can't believe I have a 6 year old.
  • We have a shiny new minivan, a silver green Sienna that I secretly love driving but outwardly am mortified by. Am I really a minivan mom now? Oh well - I guess it's not too embarassing considering it has more bells and whistles than our other car. Power windows! I'm beside myself.
  • Had my first solo park trip with three kids. Total debacle. Tried again today and it was much better.
  • Had my first solo grocery trip with three kids. We all survived and were very pleased with ourselves. Thank you Mr. Baker Man for giving my girls free cookies - we couldn't have done it without you!
  • Had my first solo night with three kids last night. Success! Well, Jared isn't technically home yet from his conference, but I think I can handle the next few hours. I made dinner, cleaned up, didn't quite get them all bathed, and tucked them all in without a single melt down. The kids did great, too. :) I'm a strong confident woman!

Okay, this is getting old with just one hand. A few updates for now, but I'll try to be back soon with more news and more pics. And more hands.

7 comments:

Mendy said...

Gwyn, embrace your Sienna. I love mine more than any other inanimate object in my life. Seriously, I could write "Ode to my Sienna." The trunk space alone always makes me smile. I've brought home new appliances and even my piano in that thing! And I've never loved it more than the day I paid it off...

So glad all is going well. Good for you for getting out there to the park and the store. I still only do emergency trips to the store with all my kids. I'm just not made of the tough stuff it takes to go alone with them for routine shopping.

Alison Ward said...

Yeah! so glad you're doing well. I too love our Sienna, it must be the minivan for the ultra cool moms :) The seats are sooo easy to take out, with a little muscle, you truly can fit just about anything in them, including three apparently. My sister has one and she puts 6 kids in hers, so you can have three more! Good for you for getting out there, cabin fever is the worst. I can't wait to see more pics of cutie Sam!

Julie said...

I secretly love my minivan, too! Glad to hear that you are learning to juggle three kids! You are a great mom.

Faith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faith said...

Okay, I had to delete a previous version of this comment because it had an embarrassing typo that I couldn't stomach.

Anyway, I don't have a van, but I say you should totally embrace it! If you think about it, who usually decides what's cool? Men do. That's why sports cars are cool and vehicles designed to fit the needs of families and women aren't. So drive your van proudly and stick it to the patriarchy!

Tee-hee.

Miranda said...

Ha ha! You have a minivan. Oh wait. So do I.

Congrats! Was it a new or used one?

Jenni said...

I think Siennas are awesome!! (I have a dodge, but think Siennas look snazzy!:)) Good job on the solo shopping trip and night without a hubby!! You are awesome Gwyn!