Tuesday, November 25, 2008

happy thanksgiving

We are leaving town for Thanksgiving tomorrow morning so I wanted to wish everyone a happy holiday weekend before we left. In honor of the occasion, here is a picture of our hand turkey wall:
This wall represents about six years of hand turkeys and comprises a mini-family history (who needs scrapbooking? I have hand turkeys!) For example, the year I was grateful for ginger ale was the year I was morning sick with Eleanor. And the year Eve was two, she was grateful for eyebrows and Elmo. It's fun to look back and remember, and especially watch the kids' turkeys get bigger and bigger.
(In the picture you can also see the bubble-wrap corn that Eleanor made in the preschool I'm doing with her. More about that later, but I loved how her corn turned out.)

The award for my favorite turkey goes to Eve this year. This is the first year she traced, cut, designed, and wrote her turkey all by herself. And it really captures her personality.


I love that the turkey is saying, "Last year the turkeys were all wrong!" Whatever that means. But it really captures her know-it-all, big sister personality.
Hope everyone has a super Thanksgiving. Enjoy your turkey or your pie or your green bean casserole, or whatever is your favorite part. For me, I will eat heaps of cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes (not together) and pumpkin pie. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Deb said...

that's a great idea! i love the hand turkeys. we do turkey feathers with things we're thankful for. hope you got your fill of thanksgiving treats!

Rachel said...

I love your Thanksgiving turkeys. I might have to borrow this idea for next year!