Wednesday, March 4, 2009

where to begin?

Our computer died very suddenly and very unexpectedly a few weeks ago - the day after Valentine's Day, to be exact. We were without a computer for ten days. TEN DAYS! It is such a painful irony that repairing your computer requires the use of the internet to diagnose it and to order parts. And because of President's Day (or Jared's birthday, as it was known around here this year) we had to wait a whole day for Jared to get on his work computer to get the process started. It was agony. I even had to write a talk for church without the help of my friendly internet. What is this? The Dark Ages?!

Have you ever tried to catch up your blog after being away for a few weeks? I don't even know where to start! In fact, it's taken me a week to even write this post, I was so clueless as to where to start. I guess admitting I have a problem is the first step.

We had major family events while I was away: Jared's birthday, Eleanor's birthday, Sam started crawling, Sam cut his first tooth, Sam got a nasty cold and ear infection and kept us up all night... so many blog-worthy items.

So I will do my best to catch up, but I just wanted to let all my dear readers know where I have been. And I apologize to all my friends and family whose blogs I follow for not commenting for several weeks. I'm back in the saddle now!

6 comments:

Mindy said...

welcome back!

Rachel said...

Just post a few pictures of your darling children & we'll forgive you. :)
Gwyn, let me know when you watch N&S! I'm looking forward to reading the book, but at this point my interest is mostly directed at a dark-haired, blue-eyed hottie. Super sexy.
Oh, and p.s. Take a look here, it will make you smile: http://humanities.byu.edu/faculty/nam27

gwyn said...

Ah, Professor Mason - we were both so much younger then! :) Rachel, you have no shame about your new BBC crush. Does Chris know about this?!

the design boss said...

Oh how I have missed you! I have been playing catch up as well. Life has been crazy and continues to be always!

Jenni said...

I am sorry for your computer woes! I too find it so daunting to catch up on the blogs. But hey there's no guilt in blogging, right?!!:)

Unknown said...

I am glad you are back...I have to admit I was a little worried, but then remembered how BAD I am about blogging lately. I feel for you with the whole computer thing. We have all been there I am sure. I hope life gives you a break... :)