Sunday, December 13, 2009

in which we decide tree permits are overrated

Cost of tree permit: $5
Hours spent driving: 3.5
Minutes spent walking in woods: 30
Average temperature: 30
Times Sam fell in mud: 2
Times Eleanor expressed her fear of poison ivy: 4
Trees rejected by Eve: 8
Birthday parties we had to rush back for: 1
Lunches consumed: 0
Lollipops consumed: 8

Trees cut: 0

Cost of tree from the lot 7 minutes from our house: $29

Knowing we will probably not be attempting this again: priceless

The woods were beautiful, even if we didn't get a tree. Sam had so much fun running.

See? We still kind of had fun.




Kind of blurry and not decorated yet, but isn't it nice? You don't find trees like that in the woods, let me tell you.

2 comments:

Alison Ward said...

That makes me chuckle :-D That tree is perfect though, and I'm amazed it was only 29$!! I think if we're in town next year we will buy a real tree, I miss the smell!

Jenni said...

Very funny post! Its an absolutely beautiful tree though!!