No, seriously. Lend Eleanor your ears! You may remember that Eleanor had surgery to have tubes put in her ears last December because of chronic fluid problems in her ear canal.
Guess what?
We get to do it again! And this time she is having her adenoids removed, as well. Apparently, the original tubes are blocked and her ears are filled up again. We started noticing in January when she went deaf as a post again. And apparently removing her adenoids will solve the problem. We hope. For many reasons, I really don't want to do this again.
Jared and I broke the news to Nora this morning after waiting a couple of weeks. And she took it okay. At first, her little face crumpled and she said, "But I don't want to do that again!" (She and the anesthesia weren't the best of friends last time.) But we assured her she would hear better and her ears wouldn't hurt anymore. And that she would get another teddy bear and a popsicle. That closed the deal for her. Who wouldn't be excited for a $1000 popsicle?!
So please think of us on Monday morning at 6:30 and keep Eleanor in your thoughts and prayers. And maybe me, too -I could use the help!
2 comments:
Oh Gwyn, I'm so sorry. Nora and the rest of you will be in my prayers. Hang in there!
I hope that everything goes well. She will be in our prayers. Let me know if you need anything!
Post a Comment