Thursday, April 14, 2011

doing worlds better

Just wanted to say thanks for listening to my whining yesterday! Things are definitely looking up today. Even though Sam did get up a few times last night (curse that cough of his!) and woke up at the crack of dawn banging on the wall and shouting "I want to dig outside!"... things are still looking up. My temperature has gone waaaaay down and my throat is feeling much better - it's amazing how not being sick can really perk a girl up.

Incidentally, Sam was banging on the wall with the giant plastic shovel that he went to bed with last night. I'm not sure I get little boys.

So thanks for your kind responses. It helped me not feel quite so abandoned and pathetic!

Now for something completely different. Remember the Where's Waldo activity our church youth group did last year? It was such a hit, we did it again this year. I was worried I would have to miss the activity, what with Jared being out of town, but my bishop's sweet wife came to watch my kiddos so I could don another crazy wig and walk around the mall:



I went as Pregnant Velma, apparently. I wasn't really going for the Velma part, but whatever works. My friend Ginny went as Outrageous Granola Lady. She heard one employee say, "Wow, that lady must be from Ashland!" so I guess her disguise worked.

I had many people ask me when I was due, if it was boy/girl, what names I was considering... I wasn't prepared to answer these questions! I made up many lies. I hope the guy from the cell phone kiosk never talks to the girl from The Children's Place because my story will not check out! I even had someone say, "Are you sure there's only one in there?!" Really, people? Really? I have to put up with that crap when I'm actually pregnant - I shouldn't have to when I'm fake pregnant.


See? All I needed was an orange maternity sweater!


2 comments:

Taliatha said...

You look fabulous! Yeah, inconspicuous pregnant lady is an oxymoron I guess, huh? Fun times!

Meredith said...

hahaha! we did that once in young womens too. so fun. love your costume;)
YOURS, MINE AND OURS