Friday, April 30, 2010

her name was lola

This is just too funny not to post. Even though I do it at great sacrifice to my dignity.


For our youth activity this week, we played Where's Waldo at the mall. This is when the youth pair up and get an hour to find a list of ten people that are shopping throughout the mall... in disguise! It is all very thrilling.

So here was my disguise:





Only one team found me, shopping for shoes at Kohls. Lola loves shoes!

18 comments:

Faith said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Awesome.

Mary said...

How funny! You look cute - and like someone named Lola :)

Mindy said...

You look so cute! What a fun activity. Too bad I don't need fun activities anymore.

Ken said...

So why didn't you wear a disguise then?

Bean said...

Those are cute pictures of you!!

gwyn said...

You guys are nice to say I looked cute. I think you mean "crazy." I had a Kohls employee keeping a nervous eye on me the whole time.

Jer said...

Wow, nice disguise! You could go undercover! I totally didn't get that it was you until I read your post. I thought, why is Gwyn posting a picture of some dark-haired lady on her blog??

Lynette said...

I like you with brown hair...maybe you should consider it!

Jenni said...

Oh my goodness I would not have recognized you!! What a fun activity!!

Miranda said...

Holy cow! I didn't realize it was you until I took a really close look.

Alison Ward said...

That sounds so fun!!! I think you're meant to be a brunette, so cute!!

the design boss said...

Holy Cow you do not look like you!! How thrilling!! You look fabulous!! What a fun activity!

Unknown said...

That is an awesome idea!!! you look great!!!

Pugs said...

I'm not going to lie, reading the title of your blog it made me think of the song Lola by The Kinks.

I'm glad you're not that kind of Lola :P

~ Scott

gwyn said...

Scott -
Yikes! I was referencing Barry Manilow's awesome Copacabana - "Her name was Lola, She was a show girl, etc"

This Lola is wearing a wig, however, so maybe the Kink's were right. :)

Whitmer Family said...

oh.my.gosh. I popped your page open when I saw you posted something new, but when I saw a picture of a strange girl I didn't read it until now (like 3 hours later)! I didn't recognize you until I looked closer...you CRACK me up! Absolutely love Lola! Question is: Does Jared? rrraaawwrrrr!

sorry if your mom reads this. Or Jared's mom for that matter! :)

Deb said...

oh my GOSH! i don't think i would have recognized you.

Deb said...

oh, and thanks for getting barry manilow stuck in my head.