Tuesday, April 20, 2010

in which I breathe a sigh of relief

I am so glad those last two weeks are over! So busy and such an emotional rollercoaster. Between the race, sick kids, sick self, watching our dear friends move away, and having to prepare and present an hour long workshop for 50 women - plus the usual hustle and bustle of dance class, helping at school, Mutual, presidency meetings, etc - I was barely keeping it together, I tell you.

Friday was the worst. I watched my friend's sweet girls all afternoon and into the evening, which usually would have been a delight. Except this was their last day of school and they were preparing to leave Medford in a few hours. I held many a sobbing Wilhoit that afternoon while my own heart felt like it was breaking. After their truck was all loaded, we had them all eat dinner with us. Then we all cried and I watched their loaded down van drive away for good.

That night sucked. All I wanted to do was have a good cry, and then maybe eat some chocolate and do something to distract myself - a movie, a book. Instead, I had my good cry and then worked on my talk until midnight before falling into bed.

On the upside, everything looked better in the morning. I put on my game face and marched off to my women's conference. And I think my talk went pretty well. Everyone laughed at my jokes which is a good sign, right? I even made a new friend (Hi, Holly!) And then it was all over.

Yesterday was a good day. I read to my girls for an hour, I played with Sam, I messed around on the internet, I even read a little myself. I may even do a little TV watching tonight! Crazy, I know!

So glad to be back to my normal life. Maybe it's good to have crazy weeks like that to remind me how good I really have it. It's true, I've never felt quite so excited about mopping my floors before...

3 comments:

Faith said...

I'm sorry you've had such a rough few weeks. I hope now that things have calmed down your days will be filled with many low-key happy moments!

Bean said...

You are one amazing lady! I look up to you! You always have such a positive attitude. You are a great example and friend to those around you. I love you!

Alison Ward said...

My bestest friend here in Missouri moved away in November, it really does stink! But life goes on, and almost as happily, especially when she comes to visit! Glad your talk went well and can't wait to hear about your mystery trip?! I'm very intrigued.