Tomorrow I get to drive for a very long time all by myself to a location that I cannot disclose until after the weekend. I am very excited. I am excited about arriving, yes, but I think getting there will be half the fun. The girls feel very sorry for me - "Won't you be lonely? Won't you miss us in the car?" Hmmmm... there is a right answer here and an honest answer, so I chose right. "Of course I will miss you! Don't have too much fun without me!" Secretly, I am relishing not having to perfect my twizzler-throwing skills while listening to Junie B. Jones on CD for several hours.
In fact, I went to the store today to get trip food for myself. But I have no idea what it is that I want to eat on a roadtrip! Twizzlers? Fishies? Wheat Thins? Those are everybody else's trip foods! I settled on a 12-pack of Diet Pepsi (with lime, of course), peanut butter M&Ms, and Garden Salsa Sunchips. I think this is going to be awesome.
I also figured this would be a great chance to catch up on my Newberies and checked out several on CD: Sounder (Bleh! Do I have to? This one and Shiloh I am kind of dreading. Boy-meets-dog-but-then-bear-mauls-dog-to-death books are not my first choice), Bud, Not Buddy (Funny and contemporary... and read by Fresh Prince's James Avery!), Island of the Blue Dolphins, and... Hatchet I think was the last one. 16 hours of Newbery bliss! We'll see how many actually get listened to.
Off to finish laundry so I can pack!
3 comments:
Have a safe trip!
I'm jealous! Have a great trip!
Where are you going? As a mom, any alone time is so precious...have fun! You picked good snacks too...peanut butter m&m's are the best!!
Post a Comment