Thursday, April 1, 2010

spring break catch up

Last week was our spring break and, while we didn't take a trip or anything, we had a fantastic time. So great to not be a slave to our school day schedule and routine. We slept in, ate waffles, took scooter walks to the park, got ice cream cones, had afternoon movie parties. I think there was one day where Eve stayed in her jammies and read until 1 pm (okay, so that day kind of irked me, but maybe just because I was jealous.)

I don't have a ton of pictures from spring break, but here are a few I found on my camera:


St. Patrick's Day dinner. Didn't really happen on spring break, but we had a fun night. I love theme dinners.


Eve on her way to her first sleepover. We've been real sleepover nazis, so when she got this invitation we completely discounted it. But then we realized that of her two best friends, one is a boy (not a lot of sleepover future there) and one is moving in a week. And we know this little girl and her family pretty well and only one other girl was spending the night, so we decided to take the plunge. Eve was ecstatic and had the time of her life. I think she could use some "big girl" treatment, something special just for her.

Eve demonstrating why she really needs some big girl social interaction. That girl never has two seconds to herself. She is a very patient and long suffering big sister. See how Eleanor is pressed right up against her? Very indicative of their relationship.

And now for our ubiquitous spring break trip to Scienceworks, the local kids' science museum. For our little community, it is an awesome science center. And they had a ton of new exhibits up which I will sadly be showing you very few of, because my camera's batteries died. But here are a few:









Now that spring break is over, we are back to our usual routine. But it was a delicious taste of what promises to be a great summer vacation. Two more months!

1 comment:

Faith said...

All of the kids are so big now, but especially Sammy! Glad you survived spring break.