Sam tried to ...surprise!... eat the eggs. While still in the shell. I asked him after I took this picture what he thought was inside. "Chocyate," he whispered back, all reverently. No wonder he thought this was the most incredible activity ever! After I enlightened him by peeling an egg, he was still pretty into it and started calling himself "the egg controller." He gave himself the job of arranging the eggs in the carton after they had dried. I can't blame him - there is something so magical about handling those rainbow eggs.
Don't you love the curlers? Their hair looked pretty darn cute after I took them out. Sadly, no pics. I even made them cutsie little tulle-rosette headbands and still didn't take a picture! I had to leave early for meetings before church and peeled out of there pretty fast.
I will admit that I was annoyed at having meetings on Easter Sunday, but it all turned out pretty great and was one of the best Easter services I've ever been to. In fact, all three hours of church were really amazing. How often can you say that?
After church, our friends came over to share Easter dinner with us. It was so nice, in the absence of any family in the area, to spend the evening with people we love and that have become our family here in Medford. So glad the kids can have substitute cousins to play with!
And Eleanor dressed up like the Easter bunny:
We always do these scripture eggs the week before Easter. And, while there was the usual wrangling and noise, this was the first year the kids - the girls, especially - really got into the story and understood it. It was really cool to answer their questions and see their little testimonies germinate. So glad all that Primary tuition isn't going to waste!
1 comment:
This looks like such fun. Sam (and all your kids) is so sweet.
I was chafing a bit under Easter meetings as well (Rob's, not mine). On Easter?! But we went to our friend's Catholic service Saturday night and, though it was a lovely service, thought how we appreciate the real contribution we are able to make in our church rather than just "showing up" for services as happens a lot in other faiths (and among some Mormons, no doubt.)
I'm glad you had a wonderful Easter!
Post a Comment