Wednesday, February 8, 2012

victorious!

Last night was our Young Women's New Beginnings program, the last big item on my "to do" check list. So now I am officially done! Free at last, free at last! The minute it ended, I turned to my friend and said, "Now I can have a baby!" That thought has sunk in a little bit more today, however, and I'm wondering if I can delay that inevitable a little while longer. I am just nowhere near ready. I dreamed last night I got the baby clothes out of the garage, but I just don't think I have it in me today. I think maybe I will get dressed, but that is as far as my ambitions will currently reach.

In the meantime, some pics of our Saturday activities from the past few weeks. Mostly just a good excuse to show some random pictures of the kids - they are pretty fun, those kiddos:


We went to a neighboring town's Chinese New Year parade last Saturday. This is Eleanor about to enter the Chinese dragon bounce house. I just love her intense game face - this bounce house is serious business.

Jared and Sam were invited to go with friends to a monster truck show a few weekends ago. This is not exactly Jared's first choice in weekend activities - he told Sam they were attending it ironically - but they had a really good time. As evidenced by Sam's manly facial expression here. And Jared's gushing about the motorcycle tricks. They came home reeking of exhaust fumes.

Eve next to her award winning bleach art (the blue one) at the district's art festival this year.
Jared took the girls to the park one Saturday when Sam was sick. While Sam and I napped on the couch, these three had a great time. I love these two girls. What would I do without those big sisters? Eve's zest for life and Eleanor's steadiness are really a great combination in this little sisterly relationship. I hope they are always friends.

2 comments:

Karolyn said...

I'm so glad you commented on my blog, so that I could find yours. I can't believe how big Eve is. Wasn't she a newborn in Provo? It looks like you are doing so well and that's exciting that you are expecting another baby. I'm so sorry about the gestational diabetes. That will make having the baby even better.

Whitmer Family said...

Ah...this leaves me happy and sad all in the same moment! I miss those Nichol girls (and Sam, too) so much! Cute pictures! Give everyone sqeezies from us!