We got back Saturday evening from our trip to the Oregon coast, sandy and with eight loads of laundry, but very happy. We had a great time with my family - it was so much fun to see all six of the cousins together and to spend some quality time with my siblings and their spouses. And it was especially nice to spend a week with my parents before they leave for Korea next week.
We stayed in a gorgeous three story home right on the beach (if by beach, you will accept rocks and tidepools, which I gladly do.) And despite the unfortunate dip in temperatures, we still had a packed schedule - a visit to the Newport aquarium, a whale watching excursion, a crabbing expedition for the big kids and dads (do I have the "big kids?" Hard to believe!), two different lighthouses, and many trips to the sand and tidepools. Not to mention the usual loud family dinners, lazy afternoons, board games and movies and sunset watching. Good times.
The harbor seal at the Aquarium who couldn't get enough of the kids. They named him Spot.
Exploring tidepools

Jared flying Nora's Cinderalla kite. He is very confident in his masculinity.
Heceta Head lighthouse. The weather really didn't cooperate the day we visited, so this is a picture I took last year. Is that cheating?
Eve and Grandma looking for shells and hermit crabs
5 comments:
Gwyn, I'm so jealous you were in Newport, that was our favorite place to go. I love the little town, the coast and the outlet stores in Lincoln City! We'll be out at the coast in July for a family reunion but not Newport. I wish we would be close enough to Medford to say hello! I'm glad you guys had fun. Nothing like hanging out at the beach (oops, I mean the Oregon coast!) with all the fam!
I was looking forward to seeing your pics of your trip! I'm glad you had a great time. That's exciting your parents are going back to Korea, I'm sure they're looking forward to it, but not to leaving all of you! Did they sell their house in Alpine? Good luck with the coming weeks before the baby! Are you visiting UT this summer at all? We'd love to see you.
Ali
That looks really nice, going to the coast and wearing jackets. We are too hot down here!! I bet that was so great that you got to have a mini family reunion before your parents leave. That is pretty cool that they are going to Korea. Thank goodness for blogging, so they can see what you guys are up to!
oh, i love the oregon coast. i just love it. i'm so glad you had a nice little vacation before the baby comes.
Beautiful pictures!
Post a Comment