Thursday, June 26, 2008

swim lessons, take 2

I had more success with the camera on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Eve spends a lot of class flashing me the big thumbs up

They usually do jumps at the end of class and Eve has gotten progressively braver about them.

Most of the time she just screws her eyes shut tight and paddles like there's no tomorrow.

Eleanor's jumps don't get nearly as much air as Eve's, but here's the little splash she makes.

Doing kicks on the fishy kickboard.

Nora's class switched teachers this week and her new one, while very good with the kids, just doesn't have them do nearly as much as the previous teacher. Still fun, but it makes for some boring photo-ops. I'll have to try for some more today and tomorrow.

The super cool thing about their pool is the water slide!



The Starfish class haven't been down since the new teacher, but I have high hopes of getting a picture of Nora shooting out the end today.

Classes actually end on Friday and I have been dreading the inevitable sadnesss. So today I signed the girls up for another two week session in August. I figured July would be action packed with the new baby, two birthdays, Daddy home from work for a while, and a visit from Grandma and Grandpa. So just as the end-of-summer doldrums are approaching, they'll have two more weeks of fun in the pool. And I'll be much more comfortable toting a carseat along with me instead of this great big watermelon under my shirt.

1 comment:

SaratogaHills1stRS said...

Gwyn, the girls are so cute and so big! I can't believe how much they've grown! Looks like they're really enjoying themselves. August sounds so nice and like you'll be able to enjoy yourself too. XOXO