We leave on Saturday morning for a week long stay at a beach house on the Oregon coast with all my family. But why is it that the preparations for such a lovely getaway make me want to tear my hair out? A few things I need to do:
- do all the laundry and pack
- prepare my Laurels lesson for the following Sunday - we get back Saturday, so I'm thinking I won't have a lot of time to do it then. Little does Elder Holland know, he is teaching it for me, courtesy of my MP3 player.
- make my visual aid for said lesson
- my parents are stopping over with us the day before we leave, so I need to clean out the guest room which has been a dumping ground for all the baby stuff while we painted the baby's room. And make sure we have clean sheets and towels. This is the only chance my folks have to see our house before their mission, so I'd like it to look at least half way decent.
- do my trip shopping, plus buy the communal groceries for the trip. I'm a little nervous about picking out a week's worth of groceries for my family! They're a nice bunch - they'll forgive me if I forget something. :)
- return our library books
- go to Eve's last-day-of-school BBQ tomorrow
- paint the baby's room - oh wait! We did that last night! Phew.
- take the girls out for their sticker chart reward tonight. They've been working on going to bed better and, of course, they finally filled it out this morning. So off to the mall tonight to ride the 50 cent toys!
- make cupcakes for mutual tomorrow
In the mean time, my progress has been hampered a bit by my friend calling this morning and asking me to watch her little boy. She just had a baby a few days ago and is also in the process of moving, so I am more than happy to do it.... it's just that Eleanor bursts into tears whenever this kid comes near her. Must be some nursery history there! It's been okay so far, but he's been here four hours so far and I'm not sure if the end is in sight.
So wish me luck! In the words of Bob, "I'm on vacation! On vacation from my PROBLEMS!"
6 comments:
You're the second person I know with a new or impending baby that gets a very time intensive calling. My friend Shelly got called as a cub scout mom when her son was five months old. In my opinion, that falls under "cruel and unusual punishment".
Miranda, I think cub scouts is definitely much worse than Laurels advisor. I am, however, also on the Enrichment committee now and am in charge of the dinner at our next activity. When you ask? Oh, two days after we get back from the coast! After I have the baby, I plan on saying "no" for a good long while. :)
I'm glad to hear you'll say NO after having the baby. We've got crazy ladies (I won't mention any names) in our ward that come back too soon after having a baby! I say milk it for all it's worth!!! Even if you feel great...just milk it!! Have fun on your vacation! It's a pain getting packed and ready, but so fun to be on vacation...enjoy yourself!!
yeah, vacations don't usually mean i get to do so much relaxing :)
oh, the preparations for vacations. not so relaxing. then the vacations themselves.... i hope yours is more relaxing than ours usually are! enjoy the ocean!
Sounds like you need this vacation! Glad you will be able to say no soon. Why is it that it is so hard for us to say those words sometimes??
Where are your parents going on their mission?
Post a Comment