Friday, December 5, 2008

tubular, part II

Eleanor and Dr. Bear

Success! Everything went smoothly yesterday and we now have a happy, better-hearing Eleanor. Thanks to all of you for the kind words of support and all the advice you had to offer. I appreciated being warned about coming out of the anaesthesia - that was the hardest part, but she soon calmed down. Or at least settled into gentle weeping. The nurses had her new bear already tucked into the recovery bed with her and were ready with her popsicle, which cheered our patient up considerably.

Apparently, Eleanor really did need the tubes based on all the junk that came out of her ears. I was glad to hear that she actually needed to have the procedure and that we hadn't done something unnecessarily invasive. And the doctor said she did great in the OR and didn't cry at all. She was such a little trooper.

Eleanor has been extremely cheerful ever since we got home from the hospital, so maybe she's actually feeling more comfortable or is excited about hearing more clearly. Or maybe it's just the confidence-building euphoria of having survived something that she was anxious about. Either way, I'm glad to see her so happy.

4 comments:

Lynette said...

What great news!! She is getting so big and is sooo stinkin' cute!!

Jenni said...

Yay for Eleanor!! Sounds like she did great - I cried when coming out of anaesthesia once and I'm a grown woman!:) Glad to hear she's doing well!

BECKY said...

I'm so glad to hear that she did so well! I bet she's glad to be relieved from all the pressure in her ears!

Rachel said...

I'm just checking in to this blog. You guys are survivors! Glad to hear it all went well & is helping.