Thursday, April 9, 2009

life's little mysteries

Why is it that Eve can be up all night throwing up and wake up the next day refreshed and with as much energy as a room full of toddlers on Cap'n Crunch? I, on the other hand, can be up all night changing bedding from the aforementioned throwing up and feel like a zombie. You'd think that throwing up would be more physically taxing on the body, but - surprisingly - changing sheets is more exhausting. I should be the one drinking gatorade and watching movies! My electrolytes need replenishing, dang it!

Excuse me, I have to go put another load of bedding in the wash.

On a side note, am I the only one who wipes down every possible surface with disinfectant wipes when my kids have the stomach flu? The bed, the bathroom counter, every door knob the child may have touched... I live in mortal fear of the stomach flu. Heaven help me if I am changing the bottom bunk's sheets tonight!

6 comments:

Jer said...

Oh man, we went through that last weekend ourselves. I feel your pain--or I guess Eve's pain as I was one of the ones afflicted. Hope everyone is feeling well soon and that it doesn't spread through the whole family.

And yes, I believe we went through an entire bottle of lysol disinfecting wipes ourselves...

Faith said...

I am so sorry! I hope Eve recovers and you get a chance to get some rest yourself. Hang in there--when you come to visit we're going to pamper you silly.

Alison Ward said...

Uggg, yeah stomach flu is the WORST! and it seems like it's so contagious. I hope Eve recovers, no one else gets sick, and you get some major rest time after it's all over! You deserve it. Until then, happy laundering.

Chalen said...

Something helpful to cut down on the laundry: I bought some of the over the sheet protectors that are marketed for bedwetters. They don't help for surprise throw-up, but once you know they have it stick it over their pillows and sheet. Then I let them use one fleece blanket. This has really cut down on the laundry I do when the kids are sick, esp when they are to young to aim for a bucket. Another nice thing is that you can drape it over the couch or floor or wherever they are hanging out when sick. I have two twin size and two full size. The full size cover more, but still stay put. They are so worth it. I'm not sure if anyone else sells them for cheaper, but I got mine through one step ahead. Here is the link:
http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=6773&cmSource=Search

Jenni said...

Oh I am sorry!! No fun!! I too am a huge fan of lysol and disinfectant wipes! Hope you get a nap or maybe a sleep in day soon!:)

Andrea Holley said...

I also live in mortal fear of the stomach flu. I wipe everything down too, even when someone just has a cold. I'll do almost anything to avoid getting sick.