Thursday, April 2, 2009

spring break and visitors

Eve is now back at school and life has returned to it's usual routine, but we are still basking in the glow of a lovely spring break last week. I thought it would be a total chore having to keep all three kids entertained, but it was so much fun planning little activities and outings to do together everyday. We kept it pretty simple - story time at the library, lunch at McDonalds, visits to the park - and it was great.
My brother and his family came to visit us for a few days towards the end of the break and that was the highlight of everyone's week! It was so much fun to see the cousins playing together - everyone got along so well. Eve and my nephew are such buddies, always picking up their friendship right where they left off. They are always somehow in the middle of the same endearing, nerdy obsession - dinosaurs, outerspace, or - this time - Greek mythology!


My little niece is now 2 1/2 and is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Eleanor was very smitten with her and I think had fun playing with someone where she could finally be the Big Kid. Both girls love tutus, princesses, and wearing plastic high heels, so they naturally hit it off.
We mostly enjoyed short, kid-sized excursions to parks and the children's science museum. Jared and I have finally learned the important lesson that we need to try out the new spots before guests come to town (I'm looking at you, Valley of the Rogue State Park!) It was so great to get outside and enjoy the sun, especially with family.
















1 comment:

Jenni said...

Sounds like a fun spring break!! Aren't cousins wonderful! We spent our spring break with family in Utah and it was so nice - I actually hardly ever saw my 9 and 5 year olds because they were always playing with cousins. Oh and I am totally impressed with the greek mythology - Eve is one smart cookie!!