Tuesday, January 19, 2010

happiest day of Sam's life

We came home from Costco today to find this in front of our house:


Apparently, the city is kindly redoing the mess of a sidewalk in front of our driveway. Hooray! It does mean that we won't be able to park in our garage for a week or two and our friends and visitors will have to scrabble up the neighbor's river rock to get to our front door, but it will so be worth it. Even if only for the constant entertainment. Sam will be doing a lot of this the next few days:



Sadly, he missed the cement mixer pouring the concrete because they rudely did it during nap time. But he watched the backhoe for nearly an hour with two matchbox cars clutched in his sweaty hands. Good times!

In other news, today was the day I bought a box of diapers, a box of wipes, a mega-pack of juice boxes, a flat of water bottles, and a 25 lb bag of flour at Costco. Not so much the day that I want to be parking half a block down from my house. I'm going to get some great work outs these next few days, I can tell.




4 comments:

Harris House said...

Hi Gwyn! How are ya? Hope you don't mind, but I read you blog every now and then. You always make me laugh with your posts. What a cutie pie, I'm sure Sam will love his entertainment! As for you and your work outs, I'm sure you'll enjoy that too! It reminds me of the time when they redid the parking lot at the Village, and lugging groceries through the 1100 and 1500 courts to get to ours! Good times!

Whitmer Family said...

How exciting for Sam! You gotta love the timing of these things. Happens to be the day you stock up on big items...hahaha! Can't wait to see the new sidewalk, though!

gwyn said...

Jen, I'm so happy to hear from you! You are welcome to snoop here anytime you want. :) I just need your blog now, I so I can snoop too. And, yes, that is EXACTLY what it reminded me of! At least at the Village, I could borrow little wagons from the playground to haul my stuff in. :)

Aimee, feel free to bring your boys by to see the trucks if you need some cheap entertainment. It's pretty exciting!

Ben Whitmer said...

Awesome. Those are some great pics of a boy's dream coming true!