We had a super weekend eating and watching things explode. I hope you did, too! We have only had one grass fire so far, so I think the Fourth of July weekend was a success here in Medford.
We met with a group of friends in the morning for a pancake breakfast and bike parade. We had a great time and the girls especially loved riding their patriotic bikes around. There's something magical about streamers on your handlebars blowing in the wind!
Sam, I am sorry your little car is pink. But you have two big sisters and that's just the way things are going to be.
When our little party broke up, Jared dropped me and Sam off at home and drove the girls to a good viewing point for the city's big display. Everyone coped fairly well with the late night and there was minimal fall out the next day. Mostly just a tired Sam and a grumpy me, but the girls weren't phased at all. Hmmmm....not that I really want proof that they are capable of staying up later.
And between all the day's events, we managed to buy a sofa! Jared and I had a sitter come on Friday afternoon while we scouted out the options, but we wanted to sleep on our findings. Or rather, measure the living room a million more times to make sure we knew what would fit in it. There was this lovely sectional I really wanted - it had a chaise! I would never get out of that couch if it had a chaise! - but it was just too darn big for our living room. Everything looks so sensible and well-proportioned in the huge store, but not so much in our house. When we came to this realization, we decided on an also very nice, chaise-less, microfiber sectional. Won't be delivered for a few weeks, but that'll give me plenty of time to finish my painting.
All in all, a very satisfying day. We spent a bunch of money, over-ate, and lit things on fire to celebrate. It's the American way!
No comments:
Post a Comment