Thursday, July 16, 2009

sometimes you don't need a camera

Yesterday I saw an image that I will forever capture in my memory: my bespectacled Eve lugging a book nearly as big as she is titled Timelines of the Ancient World, plopping herself down on the cushiest couch in the library, her face a picture of rapture, and settling in to read.

Sometimes we have drama and, when it hits, I'll just bring out this treasure and look at it. It'll do me good to remember that this really captures the essence of my Evie and not so much the drama.

5 comments:

Bean said...

Eve is such a smart little girl!

Lynette said...

I can't imagine any children of mine doing such a thing...but, I can 100% picture Eve doing just that...what an intelligent girl!

gwyn said...

Hmmmm, you guys are finding very nice ways to say, "What a nerd!" :) I am more fond of her quiet nerdiness than the high drama, I have to say.

Ginger said...

Oh my, I am so dumb. I just figured out what twenty-five cents means. Duh!

Jenni said...

That is awesome!! I love moments like that!