Thursday, July 2, 2009

frustrating parenting moment #8,972

Yesterday we needed to make a quick run to the grocery store before swim lessons at 11:30. I carefully budgeted out the time so we could get all our stuff, run home, put the cold stuff in the fridge, and get to lessons without having to rush too much. We pull into the store parking lot and I start to get Sam unbuckled.

Eve: "Where are my shoes?"

Me: "I don't know, honey. Did you take them off in the car?"

Eve: "Um..."

*long pause*

Me: "Did you ever put your shoes on?"

*longer pause*

How did she leave the house without her shoes?!

Without a word, I buckled a very disgruntled Sam back into his carseat and we drove home for her shoes. We made it to swim lessons just on time thanks to some creative interpretations of speed limits.

I will be checking her feet before we leave the house today.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

I'm going to tell the officer next time that I was "creatively interpreting the speed limit"...good one!

Ginger said...

I think the whole budgeting time is one of the hardest parts of parent organization - especially when you have a nursing baby. We had a similar situation once. Ezra HAD put his sandals on before we left the house but he had thrown then out the window when I stopped to get gas. Children! Sheesh!

Jenni said...

Oh the joys of parenthood.:)