We are packing the van to leave for Seattle in the morning, but I had to make a quick post about Eve's birthday before it was too far removed. Grandparents deserve pictures!
This year, Eve had her first "friend" birthday party since she was four and it was surprisingly a lot of fun. She chose a science theme, in part because she loves science, but also because her best friend is a boy and wouldn't be so into the "come dressed as your favorite fairy" theme that she also considered.
We kept the invite list fairly small - 6 kids total, two of which were mine - and set up different stations where we could conduct the following experiments: gak making, milk color explosions, lava bottles, film canister rockets, and sharpie tie dye. Thank you, internets! To give it extra nerdy fun, we gave each kid a lab badge with their name and we hung plastic drop cloths between the rooms to give it that scientific, E.T. look. And then we finished it all off with an "invent your own ice cream experiment" bar.
I wasn't sure if all the kids would be totally into it, but they all had a blast and Eve just glowed the whole time. It took a lot of prep work and set up, but it all ran so smoothly (especially after Sammy finally decided he was done partying and took a nap.) I may decide I like this "friend" party business after all.
Without further ado, pictures:
I forgot we also had a pinata because Eve pleaded for one. It is a blob of cytoplasm.
Eleanor making gak
Eve's actual birthday was the next day and it was a bit more low-key. A fun impromptu swimming party with friends and enjoying the AC on a blazing 108 day were the highlights! Some pics of her family celebration:
Hey, that's my new couch! And Eve's birthday.
Introducing new Webkinz to old Webkinz. On my new couch.
Pink legos! Hooray!
Not my best cake, but made to Eve's specifications. Yes, it's a little obscure, but I thought some family members would get a kick out of seeing it
The other party guests enjoying their cake
Whew! Enough pictures. Wish us luck in the car with Sam tomorrow - I'm pretty sure we will need it.
5 comments:
Happy (late) birthday to Eve! I miss you guys. And I'm jealous that you're going to Seattle. :)
Great party theme!! Looked like fun! I love the new couch! Happy birthday to Eve!!
Man if you thought you were coming to Seattle to escape the heat, you were wrong. We were 103 or so yesterday. At one point my car themometer read 110. Crazy. Thank goodness the new house has AC. I would be miserable without it.
You are such a fun mom! What a cool party. So creative. I love Eve's glasses - and your new couch!
https://www.farida-asadi.com/2019/05/pinjaman-online-dan-perjalanan-memulai-bisnis-usaha-berskala-kecil.html
Post a Comment