1. I have not had my baby yet.
Just in case my absence from posting put ideas into your heads, I am still pregnant and still waiting. My due date is this Sunday so I will try to play it cool until Monday. After that, I can freak out. For the record, I was 10 days late with Eve and 3 days late with Eleanor so I should keep my expectations fairly low.
2. Our other roses turned out to be pink.

I was hoping for yellow, which is my favorite, but the girls were pleased as punch that they turned out pink. I spend the morning pruning and deadheading and even picked myself a big fluffy bouquet of them. Gardening is very therapeutic while waiting for a baby.
3. Jared is very nice.
Jared has been super helpful and supportive, even more than his usual kind and considerate self. I have slept in the past few Saturdays and, this last weekend, he and the girls disappeared to run errands for several hours leaving me to take it easy and enjoy the peace and quiet. It was so lovely! And it's important to note that it was over 100 degrees on Saturday, so while I stayed cool inside, he ran the kids around in the sweltering heat. He has also become the primary bather and tucker-inner recently. I'm sure if I told him I was done cooking and that we had to order pizza every night from now on until the baby comes, he wouldn't bat an eyelash - he'd just say, "Okay! Good idea!" What would I do without Jared to take care of me?
4. I think pregnant women in Jane Austen's day enjoyed a few perks.
Okay, so maybe the mother and infant mortality rate was really high. And there wasn't the miracle of modern day medicine. And they had to ruin their sheets having their babies at home in their own beds. BUT! I think society was very merciful on the pregnant woman back then by confining them to their homes for the last few months of the pregnancy. Perhaps this was really to preserve the woman's dignity so she didn't have to disgrace herself by showing her growing belly. But I secretly think it's so they didn't have to leave the house and listen to the neighborhood busy-bodies say, "Are you still here? Why haven't you had that baby yet?" I wish I could confine myself. Target is full of busy bodies. As is my ward.
5. I don't like earwigs.
I remember from my childhood summers spent in Eugene, Oregon that earwigs are a fact of life around here. But we seem to have more than our fair share. As Eve aptly put it this morning, while squashing one, "Earwigs are so totally not endangered." I don't think they really do anything except look ugly and eat my roses, but I still don't like them.6. This is for you, Grandma J.

The girls love their "Hong Kong dresses," as they like to call them. This is the second Sunday in a row that Eve wore hers - we may have to lay down some rules! :)
8 comments:
I must admit, I was wondering if that little man had been born yet! I agree with you too about prego women in the olden days...i want to be confined to my house and RELAX...ahhhh! Sounds great to me....oh, and having a baby on your bed and ruining your sheets didn't just happen in the olden days :) I can't wait to hear that your little guy has entered this world! Good luck these last few days!
Great post! And Lynette's comment makes me laugh :)
Your roses are pretty - it sounds lovely to spend a morning among flowers. Good for Jared for being such a great support for you! And earwigs really ARE gross. Yuck. But your girls really ARE cute!
you answered my question! :) and greg took over all bathing once it became too hard to lean over the tub last pregnancy. i'm so glad your jared's as supportive!
Love the dresses. And the flowers (even if they are pink.) HATE earwigs. Hang in there these last few days--we're thinking of you!
Oh yeah, and I love Jared, too! ;)
I've been thinking about you Gwyn!! I hope your sweet baby's entrance goes as smoothly as possible and of course as soon as possible too!:) Oh, I hate earwigs!! They are just the ickiest bug and they way they move is creepy!
How adorable are your girls! I agree with you on the confinement, for your sake, not others. Jared sounds wonderful, makes me think back of fonder pregnant days when I HAD an excuse not to make dinner. Now I'm just lazy some days :) Good luck on the last stretch, maybe this one will only be 1 day past the due date!
Yay for you and for Jared and your girls. Hang in there and try not to let the busybodies get to you.
Post a Comment