I woke up today having no idea what I was going to do with the kids. I was not expecting to have to plan activities this far into the month! But luckily it was Children's Day at our local grower's market and we had a lot of fun.
There were pony rides...
I love how serious Eleanor is about her pony ride. How is her head not falling over in that huge helmet?
And face painting...

And cookies to eat....
And flowers to smell...

The vegetables looked pretty good (as did the flavored lemonades!) but it was getting hot and I decided to follow my friend's 15-minute rule by leaving before the kids were cranky (the rule is you leave 15 minutes before everyone starts falling apart and while everyone is still happy. Genius, but tricky to time - I'm trying, Corinne!)
But I'd love to go back and get me some of those berries and some butter lettuce. And a watermelon lemonade. Mmmmmmmmm...
5 comments:
The painted faces are precious! What cute girls! I'm jealous of the cool grower's market, it sounds so well put together. I hope you don't have too many more days to fill before you meet your new little one. My fingers are crossed that tonight's the night (my labors both began at night, is that the rule?) Good luck!
I am amazed that you had the energy to take your girls anywhere! Kudos to you! Especially if it is as hot where you are as it is where we are! Love the face painting!!
That looks so fun! I remember my mother forcing me to go out and do things when I was past due. I was always glad I did, even though I was so dang tired :)
Your little one looks much more happy about the face painting than her pony ride!
You're a great mom for taking them to do fun stuff.
Can't wait to hear about your little guy in your next post!
Looks like fun! I just found your blog through Amy! We just had our third little guy on June 2. Good luck!
Post a Comment