Eve and Eleanor have handled our cross-country, semi-stressful move very well and with only one really distinct change. They are now inseparable. While they were fairly good playmates and friends in Maryland, being thrown together in the midst of such change (and being forced to sleep in the same bed for 5 weeks) has made them the best of sisterly friends. You can assume that if they are both home, they are both together.
This definitely has its pros and cons. They keep each other occupied nearly all the time, but there are also more squabbles to referee. It also means that Eleanor insists on waking up at the same time as Eve in the morning, which makes for an over-tired little girl. We've kind of struggled adapting to the new sleep schedule. But over all, we love seeing them together, laughing at each other's jokes and having a wonderful time.
Some of my favorite games (as named by Eve) include: Eve and Eleanor Scouts (played in the backyard while exploring) and Eve and Eleanor Fun Time (as far as I can tell, this is when they make a big fort in the living room and drag in lots of books and toys.) Eve also wants me to include Cinderella in the Bathtub (their favorite bathtime game) and Palace. Eve says one word is enough to describe it.

Eve is a great big sister, always willing to read a story or reach something from a too-tall shelf (sometimes, though, it is contraband fruit snacks.) And she is very patient with a little shadow that always wants to do exactly what her big sister is doing. We're happy to have these two sweet sisters... and hope they don't gang up on their little brother too badly. :)


10 comments:
That is so wonderful!! I love their games - how cute!! I have the contraband issue myself...a lot - I find fruit snack wrappers stuffed between couch cushions on a regular basis!!:)
That second picture is so sweet, what cuties! It's so fun that they have such a close friendship, even with all of the refereeing!
More pregnancy pictures!
oh, that is so sweet. They will be the best of friends. I can't believe how grown up Eve and Eleanor look. they are so beautiful and super cute.
I love those pictures!! Especially the last one--how sweet.
Ella also enjoyed looking at them and kept saying, there's the cousins!
How adorable that they are the best of friends. You've really got some cute shots of them in there, Gwyn.
How darling! Just wait til this baby boy shows up and rocks your world!
i love the matching hairstyles to go along with the sisterly bonding. :)
Happiness! That is what every parent dreams of. Moves always brought my family closer together when I was growing up.
Oh I do miss those two girls :)
Post a Comment